
Excerpt posted on Stephanie Meyer's webpage
*****
For Bella Swan, there is one thing more important than life itself: Edward Cullen. But being in love with a vampire is even more dangerous than Bella could ever have imagined. Edward has already rescued Bella from the clutches of one evil vampire, but now, as their daring relationship threatens all that is near and dear to them, they realize their troubles may be just beginning...
This is the second book in Stephanie Meyer's Twilight Saga. As I explained in my last post, I bought all four in a box set from Chapters.
I started reading New Moon yesterday, Wednesday April 8th, 2009. I guess it's safe to say I actually started it Tuesday night because the first chapter is printed in the back of Twilight, which I finished on Tuesday. I read a little more for 15 minutes (I had to set the kitchen timer so I'd leave for work on time!) more during breakfast.
It was a little arduous, making it through lunch yesterday because I had brought the book, forgetting until I got my email reminder, that I was having lunch with a friend.
I raced home after work (Arthur was getting the kids) and read for 30 minutes (again, setting the timer!) so that I would stop to make dinner for my family. :-) I read for about another 30 minutes after dinner (while playing with my kids, if you can do such a thing. I can read and roll a ball to my one year old at the same time! sigh. I'm a bad mommy.) and then gave the kids a bath. I gave up trying to read in the bathroom because my little ones like to splash and I was sick of getting the pages wet.
I put them to bed at 7:30 and went back to the couch to read.
I finished all (Amazon.ca lists it at) 604 pages by midnight. I think the clock said 12:01 am. Now, that's a compelling story! I only read the first 3 or so pages of the preview for Eclipse.
Again, this story suffers (or is great for!) from a little too much melodrama, but again, I can see exactly where it's coming from. If you don't expect Bella Swan to act like a 30 year old (she's 17/18 for goodness sake) then you can see that you probably felt the same way at some point during that time (I know I did!) I don't think I would act like that now (all vampire things aside) but I remember distinctly feeling comparable (sans fairy tale creatures) at 19.
It obviously was a great read, if I got through it in six hours!
See the other books on my Spring Reading Thing 2009 list here.
No comments:
Post a Comment