
On the weekend I finally got around to starting on Zachy's room. It went from princess room to Pirate room. Only, most of the pirate is still missing. There was a lot of prep work to be done, more than I'd ever done to paint a room before (with the exception of when we tore out an entire bathroom down to the studs and rebuilt it first!). When Danica was in this room we had a pink chair rail going around the wall. We had put it on too soon (it was a few days though!) after we initially painted the walls and the two paints sort of bonded. So, when we took it down, it took a bunch of the dry wall paper backing with too!!! I had a lot of plastering to do. While I was at it, I decided to dig out all the screws that were coming out of the wall too, and sink them in again and plaster over them again. It didn't take as long as I thought it would. I also repaired all the nail holes and the big holes the shelving left when we took it down. Now we are free to rethink the shelving.
As you can see, the palm tree is not done yet. I've sketched it, but it's not yet painted. I also want to embellish the room more. Art would like a crab on the island, and what's a pirate room without the buried treasure??? An "X" will mark the spot. I think I'll put the trail on the walls too, making it more of a "map" as well. So far it's rather pretty.
The whole room is centered around a sign I bought in the fisherman's Village in Nova Scotia while Art was in the hospital there this summer. It is blue and has a Pirates of the Caribbean ship and font, and it says "Pirates don't take baths" on it.
Aside from the walls, I still have to paint his dresser (any thoughts? red? Sand like the island?) and the shelves (they are currently still pink.) I'm hoping to finish all of this on the weekend. We'll see!

1 comment:
it looks good so far!
Post a Comment