
Ok, so I may end up doing this wrong, I'm familiar wtih linking to other's posts and what not, but I'm not hip with all the ins and outs that "real" bloggers seem to have, so I apologize if I do something wrong here, link the wrong way, don't word something the right way. I'm trying to follow all the instructions! If I've commited a "no no" (like linking to the pic how I did) please let me know. I have no wish to offend anyone, and I'd like to learn the ropes!
That being said, I want to participate in a challenge I saw on a friends blog. I am trying to get back into doing some reading, and I like the sounds of the Spring Reading Thing 2009 Challenge from the Callapidder blog. I am not a reader of this blog (yet) I discovered it from my friends site.
So far my list of things to read this spring (from March 20 to June 20.) includes the following books:
- Eldest by Christopher Paolini
- Brisingr by Christopher Paolini
- Old Man's War by John Scalzi
- Twilight by Stephanie Meyer
- New Moon by Stephanie Meyer
- Eclipse by Stephanie Meyer
- Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer
- Outcast by Aaron Allston (Star Wars Novel)
I think that this is enough to start. I own, have already borrowed or will be purchasing all of these books (Outcast was just released last week, and I will buy it before June I'm sure.) I'm looking forward to doing this challenge. I haven't been that big into reading lately, and this is after a time when finishing all these books wouldn't even have taken me until May. After Christmas when I read all those books (Brent Weeks Night Angel Triology, which I bought for my husband for Christmas, Luke Skywalker and the Shadows over Mindor, Star Wars: the Millenium Falcon and Tales of Beetle the Bard) in about 4 weeks really brought back my love of reading, and showed me that even with my two little ones at home, I can still do this.
I'm excited to see how this challenge goes for me!
Oh, and I guess I should mention that I think I started reading Eldest just before March 20, I think I started it on the 18th, so I hope it still "counts." If not, I'll take it off my list.
Enjoy!
1 comment:
Yay you joined! :)
Okay so the first thing you need to do is go to the challenge page and add a link to THIS POST. I can show you how if you want or I might even be able to do it for you, not sure. Then the "rules" for the challenge is to post in June how you did with the spring challenge. This is my first time doing the challenge but I've seen other people do it too.
And optional is to do book reviews and if you do a review you can link it to her review linky links. But that part is totally optional.
You can keep coming back to this post to cross off your book list. Some people I think put it in their sidebar so they don't have to keep looking for the original post.
I've finished my first book, half way through my second. I only listed 4 because that's all I have on hand here so I don't know what other books I'll be reading just yet but hopefully, maybe I'll go to the bookstore this weekend that we were talking about and get some more books! yay books! :) I mostly only read at bedtime.
Anyhoo too bad we don't like more of the same kinda books, we'd have fun swapping books. :)
Post a Comment