Sunday, March 4, 2012

Sittin and Knittin

Back in September I went to Ram Wools Co-op with a friend and took a "Get Back to Knitting" course.  This class re-introduced me to knitting, a skill a learned from my Aunty Barb back in the day.  She taught me the basics of knitting, gave me some needles, and found me a slipper patter, which I still have.  I made so many slippers that I could knit a pair in under 4 hours and I had the pattern memorized.

This time around I learned to knit on double pointed needles, and I've taken to making things in the round!  I've made thrummed mittens for myself and my daughter.  (My son's didn't turn out so well, so I remade them into regular mittens, well, mitten.  I haven't finished the second yet.)


Boo's Thrummed Mittens


A new person also started at work in January and she is a knitter as well.  So, the three of us, J, E and myself, decided to do a Knit-A-Long.  We picked a sweater, which we have dubbed the "team sweater", picked our colours and we're all knitting this sweater.  So far I've got the neck of mine done.  heh.  We bring our knitting every monday to knit at lunch.

I have managed to complete an entire sweater though!  I did it in a weekend, while watching hockey games.

Brown Bear's Beary Cute Sweater
I've also made several more things.  I made a couple of scarves for myself and for gifts.  I made my new neice a pair of baby booties.  I've made Nibblet (Boo's bear) part of a sweater but I had to frog it...  (look at my using the lingo of the knitter!) because it wasn't knitting right on my round needle.  I have to do it on my double pointeds...  I couldn't get the sleeves right.  It's a quick knit though.  Maybe I'll start tonight.

I've also made thrummed mitts for myself, they are soooooo warm!!!  I love them!

This is something I'm going to continue doing because I'm really enjoying myself!  Are you a knitter?  Are you on Ravelry?  If so, find me!  I'm erallie.  I look forward to knitting with you.

3 comments:

ter@waaoms said...

I really need to learn to knit. and sew. and.. and... and.. well my list is very long.

Allison said...

Its really quite easy.... once you learn. and sitting with someone is hte best way!

Anonymous said...

Hey Allie! It's Reddz!

Been a looong time kiddo.

I can't find a working email address for ya, so I figured I'd post here to let ya know I'm getting married and my social is coming up. Go to http://www.reddz.com/wedding/ for details! If you would like tickets or know anyone who would, send me an email reddz[at]mts[dot]net