Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I'm finally getting back to blogging... about my home, about life, about stuff.  I miss it, but I've had no time.

In the last year we've had problems with our kitty, and ended up putting her down last summer.  Her lasting legacy was the smell in the carpet.  The eight month old carpet.  The carpet we tried to reorder, was told it was on backorder, then were told it was no longer being made.  Sigh.  So, in the end, in October, we ripped out our now 12 month old $1300 worth of carpet and underlay, and laid a new laminate wood floor.  It's gorgeous.  And the VERY BEST PART is that it goes into the dining room!  That's right!  For the very first time in over a year and a half, I have a dining room floor!!!!  I'm so excited!

I don't think anyone on the planet has ever been so excited to wash or sweep a dining room floor.  Seriously.

I've also finally just in the last week put up some more photo frames.  I've always been attracted to gallery walls.  I've had them in my homes previously.  And the new bare walls were finally getting to me in my current home.

I've added two, one in the dining room (photos still need to be put into frames) and one going down the stairs to the main entrance.


After finally developing a million and three photos, I've put a bunch in frames and at the time I was working on them to develop them I didn't realize how they'd look framed.  So now that I've picked a bunch and I have the frames on the wall it will be much easier to go back and fix the photos and re-develop them.  Crop a few.  Lighten some shadows.  Update a few more.  Maybe I'll go back to all Sepia again because it really creates a sense of continuity.  Oh, and I have two new nieces to get on the wall too, so they need to be featured somewhere!

All in all, I'm happy with our home progress.  Maybe I'll get off my butt and finally post the carpet progression too.

2 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I like my photo wall. We had to replace all the carpet when we moved in to our new place.

It hasn't been horrible with the dog, but I now understand why people with animals have wood/laminate flooring.

ter@waaoms said...

I don't know how I missed this post yesterday, so aren't you glad I'm sick and had to stay home today? ;)

I like the floor, and right now wish I went with laminate flooring. though I love my wood floors, just not the scratches that a certain pup put in it.