Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Knitting Away the Time

Huh.  Looks like I'm failing at updating the old blog huh???

I've been doing a zillion things this year.  One thing I've been enjoying is my knitting.  I'm developing a collection.  I'm making many a knitted thing for Christmas this year.  Mittens, Socks, other things...

Knitting has also inspired me to sew again.  Weird.  but I'm sewing for my knitting, if that makes sense.

I want to do a tutorial afterwards, but basically I was looking for a knitting needle holder and I found a great one to make!  Well, I found several, and combined what I considered to be the best of the best together to make one.

Here is my first attempt:

After that turned out, I promptly made two more for my fellow lunch time knitters.

They have spaces for straight needles, circulars, pens, scissors and crochet hooks.  Also, a velcro pocket to hold all the notions you need... measuring tape, stitch markers, stitch holders.  the essentials.  :-p  And it's all portable.  No more not having your needles with you or not having the supplies to move forward on a project at lunch.  Or worse, finding that you lost a needle on the bus!

Next I'm going to try my hand at yarn cake holders...  stay tuned!  I'm making a few more for some of my knitting buddies, so hopefully I'll stop being lazy and get a tutorial of the needle rolls up.

1 comment:

ter@waaoms said...

I've been bad at updating my blog lately too. But I still read other people's so I spotted your update. :) But of course it's all old news to me. ;)