Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Just a quick One

Well, we're in the new house.  It's frustrating and exciting and annoying and tiring and exhilarating all at the same time.

Our carpet has been delayed and won't be installed for two more weeks.  Our flooring has come late and won't be here until sometime this week.

We are living out of boxes, with only a toilet in the bathroom (although I got paint on the walls so hopefully tomorrow night the vanity will go in and we'll have a sink!) and plywood floors.  I feel like some weird person from Hoarders.  :-P  I have only small paths to get through the house right now because we can't unpack most of our stuff until the carpet is in, because we'd just have to move it all anyway so they could install the carpet!  Can't install the closet organizers until the carpet is in, so no hanging of clothes...

It's a hard way to live!  We can't gut the kitchen for a while because it will take 6-8 weeks for cabinets so I'm stuck with a very small kitchen and too much kitchen stuff to put in it.  Our new fridge doesn't fit in the kitchen so it's taking up space in the dining room right now.  :-P

but, the kids are finally settling in and actually slept through the night last night!  Yay kids!

Updates to come, with photos!!!