Appliance that is!
I've never had "high end" appliances. Who can afford them? But, in our new house, with our new kitchen (that isn't even ordered yet, heh.) we have to buy all new appliances. Well, I guess we don't HAVE to buy all NEW appliances, but we can so we are.
Now, I need to say this. We never get "the deal." As a true Winnipegger, I am always searching for "the deal" but never get it. And I always get my chain rattled by the fact that I find "a deal" only to find out some friend or relative was all "man, I got a WAY better price on the higher end model!"
On Monday we went out and looked for some appliances. We found a website that had some good deals, but I need to touch the inside drawers in a fridge and what not before I'm willing to buy it.
Well, at the Sears Appliance Store they were having a Tent Sale. We ended up buying a Washer and Dryer team (got $1000 off!) and a Range! I got the double oven I wanted, so I'm very excited!!!! Again, the range was $400 off, and then because they are all Kenmore and all Energy Star rated, they qualify for an additional $250 mail in rebate, and then we get our $60 delivery fee back too!!! I'm super stoked!!!!
The washer and dryer are super big capacity, stackable, and the dryer is a steam dryer so it can clean stinky hockey gear (which we have a lot of!) and it has one of those racks so you can dry shoes and winter boots.
We couldn't look at any more stuff on Monday because we had the kids with us and they were done like dinner. So, we went out last night again. As we made the rounds in St. James (Dufresne, Ashley, Sears) we decided to go to Future shop as well. Mostly to buy Art a Bluetooth headset so that he can legally use his phone in his car. Which we never did buy. Because we found the fridge that was most like what I wanted, but again, almost a $1000 cheaper than anywhere else we looked! They were just having a super sale on this GE fridge, so we bought it!
Now, we just need a range hood and a dishwasher and we're good to go! I'm so glad I didn't cave and get the super pretty but wickedly expensive $2600 (again, that's the 25% off price!) fridge at Sears. Mine has everything I want, water and ice, and was only $1300! (Ok, not everything I want... it doesn't have LED lighting. But oh boo hoo! I spent $1000 less! whoot!)
anyway, stuff like this never works out for us. We always have to buy something for one reason or another and then it will be 50% off three weeks later. Or we have to buy a car and if we could have put it off even a month or two, gotten a rebate... etc. So, I'm super glad that payback is finally coming out way!!!!


2 comments:
It sounds like you really got some great items.
It sounds like you are having a blast setting up your new house.
Post a Comment