We slept in the farm house instead of camping outside because less bugs. :-P plus closer bathroom. But we spent the days at my Uncle's in town, running back and forth between his pool and the wading pool across the road.
On Friday I played Fear Factor with myself. Someone had to help my Mom clean the basement. So I went down there with my Brave Six Year Old Nephew and we swept all the cobwebs off the ceiling. It was FREAKY. Spiders really freak me out. That 100 year old basement really freaks me out. Sweeping spiders out of the ceiling in the basement really freaked me out.
But there were lots of fun times too. It was HOT. Like 40C with the humidity hot. We held a garage sale to help get rid of the rest of the stuff around the farm. I took the bored kids who all wanted to go back to the pool for a walk.
These are some of the wild flowers that grow around the farm, which in truth is a farm no longer as no one is farming it...
The long road to good bye... it's so good to see kids there again.
See all the wild flowers? I thought about getting married here. really thought about it. how gorgeous would that have been??? But in the end, being 3.5 hours away from home, with no where to accommodate all the guests, no electricity for things like a DJ, no bathrooms, no shelter if the weather turned bad, we didn't. But it would have been so nice.
I am really going to miss this place. Well and truly.







1 comment:
I have no idea what 40C is.
Post a Comment