Whoo hoo! now to go shopping!!!!
I fell in love with a house about 10 minutes from here. It's beautiful and gorgeous... granite counter tops in the kitchen... maple floors... huge rec room... beautiful bathroom... hot tub.... but I'm going to be outbid like crazy, I know. it has it's drawbacks, for instance, there is no child friendly back yard. it's all deck, garage and hot tub. but it has a HUGE front yard, and the kids would get a huge kick out of riding their bikes, scooters, plasma cars and other assorting rolling toys up and down the huge driveway. The front yard has tons of grass. The house is in a wonderful neighborhood, right next to my sister's hopefully future in-laws! :-P I want!!!! It even has a 1970s bathroom in the basement! whoot!
House hunting is stressful though. Art really likes this house on Greensboro. MASSIVE YARD. I mean MASSIVE. Large pool in a fenced off portion of the yard so we can still safely punt the kids outside while we make dinner and watch them out the window. Massive front yard with a porch. But, it's near the top of our price range and there is so much that will have to be done in the next 3 to 5 years on it. The pool will need a new liner. The A/C unit will probably die. all the flooring on the second floor needs to be replaced. The basement is unfinished. The whole point of selling and moving is to dig us completely out of debt. I don't want to be back in it again in 3 years!!!! Plus the house didn't feel right. Like in an "I'm not sure I'd want to be alone in it" feeling. I don't know.
Well, I guess this is it, another chapter of my life, over. I won't be as sad to see this house go as I was the last one, but I'll still miss it.

2 comments:
Good luck with everything! I know it's exciting yet stressful.
Congrats on the sale! The house hunting part is fun, isn't it? Good luck and happy shopping.
Post a Comment