Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Book Review: Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer





So, I've obviously slowed down a little on the reading (it's been weeks since I finished my last book!) I did finish my last book a couple of weeks ago and I'm now reading the last book on my Spring Reading Thing list that I actually have in my possession (Brisingr)


I finished Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer a couple of weeks ago. I really enjoyed that book, just like the other three. I *HAD* to find out what happened, and it was nothing like I expected. I was surprised by the direction that the book took. I knew one event would happen, but wasn't expecting the other three big things that happened. All in all it was a good ending to the story. I really enjoyed all four of the books.


I would recommend reading this book, it leaves you feeling satisfied, unlike other endings to a book series/set from some authors. I'd like to see more stories about these characters, but if there are no more, that's OK, Ms. Meyer leaves the reader in a good place at the end. All in all, a great way to spend a rainy day on the couch!

4 comments:

Ter said...

I highly doubt you've ever spent an entire day sitting on the couch!

Allison said...

Oh my friend, you'd be WRONG!!!! I spent the entire day on the couch reading new moon! i've done it many times... just not many times recently :-P

Controlling My Chaos said...

This was my favorite in the series. I endured the others. Go to http://controllingmychaos.blogspot.com/2008/12/trashing-twilight-series.html if you want to read my cranky review. :)

Unknown said...

I found it difficult to put the whole series down. But at the end, I said to myself, "Those aren't vampires" (misquoting Chief O'Brien in the Star Trek: DS9 episode "Trials and Tribble-ations") and I had to go back and re-read Dracula.

But, really. Not Vampires. Blood-sucking, super-powered mutants maybe. Sorry, guys but that's it.