Friday, May 8, 2009

Throw Out Fifty Things

Ok, so I follow this one blog (well, one of many!) and she issues organizing challenges every month. I usually don't join in because I'm too lazy to take before and after pictures and post them somewhere, and the deadlines don't always marry up with my schedule. But I'm going to do this month's challenge: Organize one surface in you home!

Now, this doesn't fit with the title of this post, because that comes from a different part of her blog post. She is also challenging people to throw out fifty things this weekend! It's from a book she mentions in her post.

I won't be able to do that this weekend, we have a wedding to go to tomorrow and between ferrying the kids around tomorrow to dance and my parents and getting to this wedding, the reception is in Sarto! I won't have time to do that. Sunday we're having a large family picnic in Assinniboine Park for Mother's Day, so I won't have time then either. But maybe next week or May Long I'll do that part. I have way to much stuff. I can't hide it all anymore. I have to round up everything and donate most of it (that still counts as throwing it out right? I mean, it doesn't have to be garbage, it just has to leave your life!)

I'm excited! (now, hopefully this happens.)

the surface I've picked out to organize in May is my sewing table. It's piled with sewing stuff, the machine, belts, CDs, books, and projects to finish, like Art's Pants (to be mended) Danica and Kayla's matching Strawberry Shortcake outfits (2/3's done, didn't finish them yet, hopefully they still fit!!!) and my valence for my new blinds that went up about 8 weeks ago. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Ter said...

I am glad laura mentioned that book. I saw it on another blog, with an excerpt of it and everything (can't remember where now) but it looked like a good book. I really liked the concept, it wasn't all about getting rid of physical clutter (papers, mess, etc.) but also emotional clutter, and relationship clutter, etc. etc.

I was going to do the closet challenge last month, but as you may remember, I cleared out my closet to put in the closet organizer only to have it not clamp over the exisiting bar! grr ! So my clothes are all over the room right now (mostly on the chair or in baskets) because I didn't feel like putting it all back in the closet, and then taking it out again should I ever figure out a solution to my problem. lol. call me lazy but I'm also one of those people who hate to do more than I have to! (all or nothing, right?!)

Kristina P. said...

Good luck with your organization!

And throwing out 50 things seems like a lot!

Controlling My Chaos said...

I should do this, but this weekend isn't good for me either. Maybe she'll extend the date on account of it's Mother's Day.

BTW, regarding your comment on my blog, I'll MEET you in Hell. You'll be there for coveting my Cricut and I'll be there for worshipping it. :)