Thursday, April 23, 2009

Karmic Hockey Win for the Bananas and Melons

So, last night at Ball Hockey we played an amazing game.

Allow me to digress a little (ok, it's my blog, I'll digress all I want!) Last season, we played this team (I'm super into sports, I don't even know the name of this team. I just show up when I'm told and run with my stick, attempting to not get hit with the orange ball because it hurts. Occassionaly I do something with said ball, like take it away from someone, or help it go into the net, although, usually I help it into my own net, thus angering my team. oops!) Again, so we played this team, I think they are called M-shot. They are wicked good because of this one guy. In the play off game from last season, they only had one girl show up (you should have at least two to play co-ed) and three guys and no goalie. So, they dressed one of the three guys as their goalie (which made them late, which gave us a one point head start) and played with just three players on the floor. Usually you have four, two guys and two girls and you can have up to 16 people on your team, so you have lots of people to change with.

Well, we thought this would be easy, we'd win. They somehow kicked our butts but good. It was embarassing. We don't like to talk about it. It's too painful.

So, we played them again last night. Not only did I NOT get hit with the ball at any point during the game, even by my own team (which isn't normal) we won the game. And they had spares and two girls this time.

Not only did we win the game, we had a shutout. They didn't score. And in addition to them NOT scoring, we scored. A lot. We beat them 7-0! That never happens to our team. We are the team with the history of losing 20-0. Wow! Go Bananas!

4 comments:

Controlling My Chaos said...

Yay for you! You must be giddy with victorious pride. :)

Ter said...

See, you keep telling me I should join but you just said you could get hit by an orange ball. I do NOT want to get hit by a ball, orange or any other color.

but yay for you for winning. What did I do last night? hm, not much. lol.

Anonymous said...

WooHoo!!! Congrats!!!

Allison said...

Oh, it's not *THAT* bad getting hit by a little orange ball. Over and over again. In the butt. by your own team mate. I think on purpose. (Grr, that Ryan!)

But now I play defense and my own players rarely hit me with the ball. Or pass to me! Great! Really, Im a big green pylon out there. but it's enjoyable. We're fun! I should make you come watch, we always enjoy a cheering (or booing) section! we like hecklers!