Monday, April 27, 2009

the Final Farewell to the iPod Touch

I got confirmation from my family's IT guy (AKA my husband) late last week that my iPod Touch is unfixable. Even though he bought a new screen for it (which promptly broke) the bezzle (I think he called it) is shattered. Apparently Apple don't share those parts with no one, not even the iPod fixer-uppers. You can't buy those parts. So, my Touch is done.

It was nice to have one for those 2 weeks. Now I have to await another one. the next time around I'll have a little more training. I successfully babysat my husbands iPhone (the bigger brother to the Touch) for most of a Saturday and a Thursday evening. The Saturday even involved liquids being carried at the same time!!! there is hope!

I want to thank you all for your concern during this tough time. And know that I will be donating my Touchs organs to some lucky buyer on eBay so that someday, someone else's iPod may once again bring life and joy to it's owner. (or Maybe we'll get lucky and find someone who is selling one where the hardware crapped out... but I don't think we'll be that lucky.) Or maybe I can just get some cash to fund the purchase of a non broken one. When I'm ready.