Ok. So far at this conference, I've raced an armadillo, line danced, and presented a paper that people were actually interested in (and understood!!!)
Tonight though, was awsome. They had this thing called the Lightning Round. It didn't go too well, because they gave us free alcohol and food. So, while people would take their five minutes to outline a problem and ask for suggestions, people were just drinking. I ended up with two free drinks.
After the lightning round was over, a bunch of Canadians (and one touchy American) went to an Irish Pub to watch the Pens lose to the Habs (Go Canada!). Had another drink. And I will share with you now the crowning glory to the night. We met a bunch of Librarians from Quebec in this Irish Pub. While discussing a library system conversion, one of the French Librarians actually used the term CLUSTERFUCK. HA HA HA! And you thought professional Librarians were sticks in the mud!
After the game we headed to the Library Bar. We had to go. Not because they had $2 draft beer. But we were at a Library Conference! It had our names on it! Had another drink.
Then, we left the Library Bar and headed next door (where we all had to show ID, and I was the youngest at 32!) to Pete's Dueling Piano Bar where we sang along to Blister in the Sun and Drift Away. Then it was too loud and we're old, so we all headed back to our hotel.
So far (boring Library stuff) I've learned a lot about Cloud Computing and where our vendor is heading with their URM. (Boring stuff over) And I've met a lot of fun Library People. And I get to go home tomorrow. Life is good.
1 comment:
I'm not the least bit surprised that you librarians are a big bunch of Wild Things.
Post a Comment