Friday, March 19, 2010

I think we're in a dry spell

and I have never been happier!!!

My4YrOld is finally staying dry through out the night periodically. It was sporadic before! Now it's periodic! Whoot!

She was a "lazy trainer." She had Pull-Ups and knew it, so she used them. Why bother to try when you don't have to! So, eventually I just took them away (as soon as I was home on Mat Leave and could do it consistantly) and it took about 2 days, then now more accidents. But we still couldn't get the night down pat.

She's a heavy sleeper and doesn't wake up during the night. We've started taking her to the Potty around 10:30 or 11:00 PM before we go to bed. But, she hasn't been able to make it for the rest of the night, even with restricting her liquids past 6 PM and such. I've been so sick for so long and Art has been doing so much extra; I knew I couldn't get up more times a night to take her, and I couldn't make him either. But, as soon as we got to the point where we were going to start getting up and taking her at 3 AM (which can also backfire on you and lead your child to a lifetime of getting up to pee every night!) she started staying dry. Mostly dry. Most nights.

We went a month with no Pull Ups at night. But it was a month of washing waterproof sheets, sheets, pillow cases and comforters every day, and it got to us. So we went back to Pull Ups. But we are starting to phase them out!

Tonight is a rewards trip with Oma and Opa for shopping and dinner at the Mall as a treat for doing so well (and apparently they feel they didn't spend enough on the kids at Christmas so they wanted to make up for it. sigh. Oh well, maybe we'll find a nice spring coat!)

I'm hoping the dry spell continues.