Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Tuesday Tee-hee-hee

So, the kids are becoming increasingly funny.

Zach talks to much it's amazing. He isn't even two yet.

His newest thing is to inform me, after every song that ends (on the radio, being sung in church, whatever...) that "mommy, that song so funny!" doesn't matter what the song was about, it's apparently the funniest thing he's ever heard!

He also asks, all the time "Mommy, hold my hand." If he wants to walk downstairs, it's "Mommy, hold my hand." If he wants to go someplace but he's a little unsure "Mommy, hold my hand." When we get out of the car in the mornings to walk into daycare "Mommy, hold my hand." It's very sweet and I really hope he wants to hold my hand for years to come, however, I'm pretty sure he'll go back to hating to hold my hand once spring hits. (Although, the way our weather is going, can you have spring if winter never comes????)

Last night, while the Doodle was refusing to go to sleep, she started to tell me jokes. The first bunch were a variety of knock knock jokes that she found hilarious, which all ended in things like: "Who's there?" "Stink butt." ha ha ha!!! (not that I laughed, but she thought it was a gut buster.)

Well, then she comes up with a doosy (which she must have gotten from the boys at daycare).

"why didn't the skeleton cross the road? Because he didn't have the guts!"

I was shocked! good for her! At four years old, at 10 PM, she remembered a joke, and got the punch line correct! That's amazing!!!!!!

Now, it's just too bad that it was 10 PM, and she should have been sleeping.

2 comments:

Kristina P. said...

This made me giggle!

Controlling My Chaos said...

I'd like to tell you that the humor gets better, but actually it gets worse.