Ok, back a few months ago on a site I follow called Slashdot (news for nerds!) I read about this guys "sixth sense computer." Basically, it was the coolest thing I'd ever heard of. Read the little blurb! Basically (Ok, I know you didn't click on the link) it's a little computer you wear which sticks you into a digital world, but in the real world. By wearing basically a webcam on you, you can now turn any surface at all, your hand included, into a digital surface. If you are walking around and you want to take a photo, you hold your hands up as if you had a camera in them, and "click" and you've taken a photo. You can then push that photo out onto a flat wall next to you, edit it, then email it someone. it's AMAZING. When I first read about this, the estimate was that something like this would be out on the market very soon, with a price tag of about $600 because this guy who invented it, he's making the software opensource. OMG.
I've linked to a video (it's captioned!) about this. It's about 13 minutes long, but if you are at all interested in this kind of thing, so worth watching. If you want, just skip to about 8 minutes in, and watch what it can do. The first few minutes are all about how he came up with it. But wow, is it ever COOL.
Thanks Pranav Mistry for inventing this!
3 comments:
that's neat! and kind of freaky too!
p.s. Yay for captioning!
Wow, so cool.
Post a Comment