Monday, November 2, 2009

Times of Transformation




(My little Knight in fake Armour)

So, the kids had a BLAST on Halloween.


We took them earlier in the month to Boo at the Zoo. We went with friends (Elliott the puppy and Elena the lady bug came along!) The kids loved the rides, but were a little freaked by the mascots running around.


On Halloween night we went for dinner at my in-laws. My MIL is still not doing very well, but I was very pleased to see that some of her energy was starting to return. She requested and got many hugs from the kids.


When we got to the door, they didn't even recognize the Boo. Why? Because I had transformed my little Blondie-Boo from this:



to this:




After dinner we left to start Trick or Treating. My Inlaws made huge headway for the kids by giving them a pumpkin full of about 50 mini chocolate bars. sigh. Add that to the 150 mini chocolate bars I bought and forgot to give to a neighbor to hand out for us, and wow, do we have a LOT of candy here!







When we got to my parents (who didn't recognize Danica either) my brother was just leaving our neice, nephew and his step daughter go Trick or Treating. My kids decided that they wanted to o with Uncle Brent. This was OK, except that we had planned on car trick or treating, so my kids weren't really dressed to be outside.


Brent ended up taking the five kids for well over an hour. Luckily, it wasn't too cold. I took the little boys home after about 40 minutes, they were getting cold. Peyton is the little devil you see here. His costume seemed to have imbuded him with some magical devil powers as he looked at the little chips one lady gave him and demanded "MORE." So she gave him three more bags of chips, for being so cute. Very mischievous!
We were planning on hitting several more places on the way home, included a few Aunts of mine and a co-worker, but we didn't get past my Grandparents. Snow White fell asleep as we were backing out of their drive way.
Oh well, the kids had a great time, and so did we! I hope all of your halloweens were great too!

3 comments:

Ter said...

you shoulda come and got a bag of chips that I was handing out in B's honor. Danica looks good with dark hair. But if she takes after you and Art she will grow darker when she gets older, I'm sure.
I'm sure glad halloween is over this year. We hardly had any little kids though. By that I mean kids under age 8. seriously, isn't that weird? I know we have alot of little kids in the neighborhood. But I also noticed that alot of kids (with parents) passing some houses and going to others and going back and forth across the street, not going straight down one side then around to the other, so that was weird. I saw a cow leaning against my tree but he never came to the door. oh well! anyhoo. I only bought the one box then when it was done I closed my door and that was that!

Amanda said...

Holy CRAP does Danica ever look different with the black hair!! It does look good, though, like Terri said.

Kristina P. said...

YOu did a great job! They look awesome!