Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Month of the Undead

It's October, and we know what that means, it's Halloween time and time to celebrate the Undead.

So, I thought I relate this little story from a friend of ours who is a Police Man. Very nice guy.

A short while ago he and (I'm guessing) his partner got a call to go pick up a guy who was running for his life from the Undead. This is disturbing as the Undead are apparently taking up residence in my Brother and Sister in Law's area of town. Whew. Am I ever glad that my kids are no longer being babysat there!

So, they tracked him down and put him in the car. While delivering this young man downtown to sober up (man, you'd be drunk too if the Undead were after you!) the young man started pointing out which people on the street were in fact, Vampiric in nature.

Man: That ones a vampire too! Look out!

CopFriend: Um, I'm really sorry, but it's 8:00AM, the sun is out. If that guy were really a vampire, don't you think he'd be inside? Or fried? (apparently copFriend hasn't seen Twilight.)

apparently the sun doesn't matter to these Vampires. Oh no!

This young man also didn't want to get put in the holding tank with the others because they were (and I quote) Undeader. yup.

So, now I'm thinking... Does our Police Force need to be outfitted for this new vampiric meanace? Do we need to invest in Police Leather Pants for increased public safety? Because we all know that you need a good pair of leather pants to fight the undead... or at least jeans. And should we be adding stakes to tasers? I'm not sure...
(Buffy in Leather pants)

(Ash from Evil Dead in some sort of jeans type pants...)



But I am glad that the cops are out there, protecting us from gangs of the undead...


Speaking of which, we're going to see ZombieLand this Friday. Anyone want to join us? Maybe you can pick up some home safety tips with which to protect yourself when the Undead move into YOUR neighborhood??? I've already started shopping for leather pants, so I'll be safe.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

ZOMBIES!

I'm excited for Zombieland.

Also, there would be a few cops I wouldn't mind seeing in leather pants, but your brother in law isn't necessarily one of them. :-P