Monday, August 17, 2009

New Additions




I'm so behind on posting...




In July I bought these two cute little willow shrubs for my yard. I finally got around to planting them a week ago. They survived quite nicely in their little pots in my back yard until last week!


It took a bunch of digging up sod and laying soil into the clay (gotta love the 'Peg) but I got it in.

They are very tiny right now, but seem hardy. I hope I got them in with enough time to root and survive the winter. They add something to my boring yard. Next year, I'll add a little more.

2 comments:

Kiy said...

Wait, anything survives the winter up there? I thought your lawn was just really nice green spray paint! Oh, I kid (mostly). Growing up in Michigan, that was a running joke. For you folks farther up, I thought you just grew snow. Who knew? :)

I've been thinking on my post for what the heck to do with Emi for 8-10 days in a car. So far I have: dvd's, crayons and wine (the last is for me ... when I am not driving!).

Cheers,

Kiy

Lottie said...

Hi Allie,

I did the same thing! I bought two plants in July, kept them outdoors in their pots until a week ago and finally put them into the ground! I'm amazed how hardy they are. I thought I was the only one..Thank you I feel much better. It's a good thing I'm a better "dog mother" than a "plant mother"...