Monday, August 17, 2009

Girls Night Out

On Saturday a friend's husband and mine, who both hold season tickets to our CFL team, the Blue Bombers, graciously let their wives go to the game for a girls night out. One of us girls actually has season tickets with the guys, and the fourth ticket came from the guy who sits next to those three who went camping with his family that weekend. So we got to go in their place. My friend whose hubby goes all the time thought it was nice. I was told otherwise. I was told flat out the reason that the boys picked this game was that our team was going to get their blue and gold @$$es kicked big team and the boys didn't want to have to watch that. They were right. The game was brutal!

Anyway... We started our evening at Hooters Family Restaurant. Yup. I'd say we went for the food or the girls, but really it was the free parking. We had an airhead waitress (at Hooters? Hard to believe...) and when I asked what she recommeded between the Mushroom Swiss burger and the Philly Cheese Steak sandwich her response was "well, what do you feel like eating?" Um, if I knew, I wouldn't have asked you!

Anyway, the three of us had a "nice" dinner watching a table of football fans inflate a blow up doll and write rude things on her and listening to another table of boys practice their Montreal Taunting Skills. We met up with our fourth on the ramp up to our seats. We had a nice discussion on the ramp about how we wouldn't want to bring our children to Hooters Family Restaurant because of the morals of the place. Twice while we were eating dinner Montreal fans came in dressed in their jerseys and the WHOLE RESTAURANT proceeded to boo them. I don't want to expose my children to that kind of behaviour. I have standards and morals. So, Hooters is off the list for Sunday Dinner.

We had a lot of fun at the game, during the parts where we ignored the brutalness that was the game. Really guys. You play like 8 year olds just learning the game. I know the scary big guy in the red jersey is running at you, but you don't just throw the ball away like a girl! honestly! It was terrible. I think we lost 39-12.

But it was nice to get out with the girls.

(this is a picture of our team trying to figure out which play they'll screw up next)

No comments: