Friday, June 26, 2009

New Discoveries

So the Zach-a-munch has made the uber awesome discovery of the word "No." It's the favorite word of all time for toddlers, I know, and the one parents dread the most. I actually will never forget the Doodle's first time she shouted No loud and proud at me (in Chapters of course.) It was super funny. I actually told her "That's the cutest thing I've ever seen, but it's going to get old fast." And it did. About 5 seconds later.

So, Zachy has discovered No. He now turns his head to the side and says "no" when he doesn't want to eat something. And last night in the tub he stood up.

Mom: "Zachy, we sit in the tubby. Sit down."
Zach: "No."
Mom: "Zachy, sit down right now."
Zach: "NO."
Mom: "Do you want to come out of the tub? I'll take you out!"
Zach: "NOOOOOooooooo."
Mom: "Then SIT."
Zach: "mutter-grumble-razzerfrazzer-sits-begrudgingly."

Zach has also figured out the magic of the sentance. You get so much more with the sentance. In the past, stating "berr-pah" was enough to get him a "Bear Paw" cookie. But now, with the magic of "I want" you can have so many other things!

"Iwan bite" will get him a bite of whatever we happen to be eating
"Iwan berr-pah" will (sometimes) get him a bear paw
"Iwan dat" will get him that.

etc.

His favorite sentances start with Iwan (which is just a sound to him right now, not two words) but he has put together others, like when he lost a ball under a chair the other day. He looked at me all sad and said "bye ball." Poor baby. I got him the ball. :-P

It's super fun to watch the little ones grow up and become their own little person. It's probably my favorite thing about having children.

2 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Kids are so cute. Even when they are being manipulative.

Controlling My Chaos said...

I have to admit, I really do miss the early talking days. It was so cute, so sweet, and so fun. Now it's just jabber, jabber, jabber ALL THE TIME, and nobody ever shuts up. No wonder I'm crazy.