Friday, June 19, 2009

Happy Fouth Birthday Princess

Happy birthday baby! Four years old... I can't believe it. Four years ago today, at 3:oo PM, I was enjoying visits from friends. You were getting gifts from them. It was Father's Day. You had just met your Oma and Opa, and they were SO happy to see you.

Oddly enough, "Momma" (as you call Gramma) hadn't met you yet. That's because, almost like this year, she was in the hospital. We were all in the same hospital, but Momma was a few floors down in the E.R. This year, while you are turning four, Momma just got out of the hospital after having surgery this Monday. She is home now, but that is a weird coincidence.

Some headlines from the News today:

$10 Million Dollar Makeover : about how the Assiniboine Park is going to be building a new family center overlooking both the Duck Pond and English Gardens. (Oddly enough, you are at the Zoo in that park with Auntie Holly, Zachy, Peyton and Kayla right now!)

Ottawa Balks As Ontario & Toronto Announce Streetcar Funding

The top songs on the Pop Charts today are (From Hot 103, a Winnipeg Radio Station):

#9 Krstiania Debarge: Goodbye
#8 Suzie Mcneil: Supergirl
#7 Flo Rider: Suger
#6 Keri Hilson Feat. Kanye West and Ne-yo: Knock you down
#5 Carliy Rae Jepson: Bucket
#4 Pussycat Dolls: Jai Ho! (you are my destiny)
#3 Metric: Gimme Sympathy
#2 3OH!3: don't trust me
#1 Lady GaGa: Love Game

New Music that we listen to all the time (on Sirius):
Plain White T’s – "1, 2, 3, 4 (I Love You)" (You love this song!)
The Ting Tngs - “That’s Not My Name”
Eminem - “We Made You”
Beyonce - “Halo” (You sing along)
Black Eyed Peas - “Boom Boom Pow”
Rehab - “1980”
Theory of a Deadman - “Not Meant To Be”

You also really like Taylor Swift, and we listen to her new Fearless CD all the time, you really like "you belong with me".

Things you have asked for as gifts: My Little Ponys, Littlest Pet Shop items, Strawberry Shortcake items and Disney Princess stuff. We are getting you a bed. We've also got you a Littlest Pet Shop "addition" (it's a playground) and a Poster Sized Disney Princess Puzzle (cause you LOVE puzzles!).

I'll post about your birthday party tomorrow after your party when I have some photos. I hope you have a great day, I'm posting this because I'm sure I won't get to writing it in your journal anytime soon.

2 comments:

Ter said...

I was in the hospital too, down the hall from you but you didn't know it.

Kristina P. said...

Happy birthday to your little one!