This weekend I went on a spring jacket hunt. I'm a little larger so my selection is automatically limited a bit. I started at Sears while my Mom was looking for some undies and didn't want my Dad pointing things out to her. So, I took him to the coats to look with me. He finds some really good stuff normally. I don't normally shop with my Dad, but I was there looking at bikes with them. So, we looked at Jackets. The first one I liked (black and white plaid) didn't fit. Oh well. My Dad found me an old lady coat, and I'm all for being prepared, but I didn't want to store it until I was 75. So, I kept looking.
I stopped at Zellers on the way home and found exactly what I was looking for. White, with big buttons, pretty, 40% off, biggest size was a medium. They had some XS too, but I need the L with the X in front of it, not the S.
Yesterday Art picked up the kids so I went coat shopping after work. I went to Winners, Penningtons, Danier Leather, Reitmans, Ricki's, Additionelle, then back to Danier. While Danier had an impressive selection of XXXS (for all the four year olds who need matching leather jackets with their moms! Or my sister in law...) but they also had quite a lot of XL and XXL jackets. The first one I tried on was $200 but on sale for $149. Way more than I wanted to spend (I was hoping for a $40 jacket!) but it was soooo pretty. That's why I went to four more stores after finding it. I tried on a bunch of other leather coats too, but I liked the one I got the best.
I went back at 6 PM and bought it.
I wore it today, and it makes me feel pretty. yay!
2 comments:
eek!
but at least you found a jacket and it better last you at least 5 years to make up for the cost! ;)
That is A LOT of shopping! ANd I hear you about the XL. That's what happens when you have big boobs.
Post a Comment