So, if you haven't checked out my facebook page to see the little video of Zachy walking, you should. He's the cutest thing!
I have been out so much this week and it's affecting not only the kids, but me! It's been a busy week. I had my Guider meeting on Monday (at which I resigned from my Unit for next year... whew. Big load off my shoulders) Sparks on Tuesday (which was probably my first FUN Sparks meeting in almost 3 years, I think the stress was gone because I resigned, even though it won't take effect until September!) On Wednesday I had volunteered to work at the Annual Booksale at the UM. When I volunteered to do that I didn't realize that I had a Guider Meeting Monday night. I also sort of forgot about my aunt's Norwex party, which is tongiht. But I am being that annoying person and bringing my kids becasue Art has to work until 10 PM again tonight.
So, it's been a long week.
We are reviewing Electronic Resources Management Systems (ERMS) at work right now. We want to buy one, and we're looking at three. I sort of feel like I'm doing all the work for this at the moment because one of my co-workers doesn't work with eResources as much as she thinks she does and the other has already made up her mind which one she wants to get so she isn't really comparing the other ones. My problem is that I have been involved in this Request for Purchase process before. I agree that we want the most expensive one. But, we're really going to have to support why we want it and prove the other two aren't good enough. I'ts not going to be enough to say "we want this one because it's better". We need reasons why the other two don't measure up. I've been at this all week creating spreadsheets and other documents and figureing out the two systems we have access to, (which is impressive since we havne't been trained to work in either system)
The hardest part is that we don't have a demo accoutn to the one we really want to buy. So, we're staying that these other two systems can't do something, but we don't know FOR SURE that the third system can do it, because we can't fiddle around in the system to know for sure.
Oh well, lunch is over, time to get back to it!
1 comment:
lol, your title makes me think there'd be more about Zach in this post.... ;)
I thought you weren't going to resign from sparks until danica was old enough to go so you could spend the time there with her? Of course then you could probably join again or be a mommy volunteer.
:)
Post a Comment