So, I'm getting a little lost here. I'm not sure what's happening to me.
I used to be, well, like my Mom. I'd work all week, and on the weekend I'd get things done. I'd clean my house on Saturday. Usually in the morning, but sometimes not until the evening. Now, I go weeks without cleaning the house. The bathrooms aren't cleaned every week (and yes, I do find that gross. it does gross me out. But, I can't find the drive to do it all.) We don't vacuum every week.
The things we use all the time are cleaned regularly. The kitchen is cleaned every couple of days. It's not like we're living in filth, but we aren't living in a home that is clean by my standards. Instead of cleaning toilets every week, I'm waiting until they have orange stuff growing in them... is'nt that gross???
But, I can't seem to find the drive to just do it.
I have all these projects that I want to do. All this stuff that I want done. I plan it all out, then I get home and I'm too tired to even think of doing it at all.
Case in point: our office. We finished building it almost 2 years ago. It's still crammed with boxes that we need to unpack, and 8 to 10 months worth of filing to do. Granted, Art has done a LOT of work in there... unpacking most of the books into the book shelf, organzing, etc. But, it's not done. I had this project I wanted to do this weekend. I just wanted to get all the filing done. Nothing huge. I thought if I break it down into little pieces, I'd get it done. Well, no go. I was tired on Saturday and napped. Saturday night we had company (that was super fun!) and Sunday was get up, go to church, come home, eat, go to hockey, come home, grab kids, go to meeting, come home, feed kids, bathe kids, put to bed. By then I was so tired I went right to bed.
Art did get one of the other things I really wanted done this weekend done. He put up our new blinds in the bedroom. The kids and I took down the old ones (goodbye ugly Hunter Green that clashed with my blue walls blind!!!) and he got the new one up. so, that's fantastic. But, I still have the wall paper I want put up sitting on the floor. I have the clothes that are folded from the last two weeks of laundry in bins waiting to be put away. etc. etc. etc.
I want my "get up and go" back!
1 comment:
seriously, like I said, I can help you with some of this, girl you do so much for me, it's only fair that I do something for you too!!!
Post a Comment