Monday, February 23, 2009

My So Called Vacation Week

So, in the end, it's my own fault, bad planning. :-)

I took this last week off to paint. It started off wtih a long weekend (Thanks Louis Riel!) and ended with Ryan Senkow's wedding social. The last week that I took off work to paint that started with a long weekend (Thanksgiving) and ended with a Senkow wedding event (Corey and Antonietta's wedding) Danica spent from Tuesday morning to Friday evening in the Children's hospital. I joked it would happen again, and breathed a sigh of relief when by Friday morning nothing had happened.

Well, I am walking out of the hair dressers, and my phone starts ringing. It's Arthur. Holly couldn't reach me (I was getting my hair cut!) and now Art was calling. Danica had fallen down Holly's stairs (Teka helped her fall) and now all she wanted to do was go to sleep.

By the time I got to Holly's Danica had thrown up, another sign of a concussion so I took her to Children's to get checked out. Thankfully, by the time we sat in the ER for two hours, she was doing so much better than I brought her home. We weren't seen by a Doctor, but generally when you have a head wound, it gets worse as time goes by, not better. She is perfectly fine now. But, that confirms that I should never again take the week following a long weekend off to paint. sigh.

I never did get around to painting either.

Saturday of the weekend we spent helping Cam and Holly replace their countertops and plumb in their dishwasher. Then we had a nice Valentine's Day dinner. Sunday we drove to Grand Forks for some shopping, then went to a party at a friends house. Monday Arthur picked up the kids, then joined the other Daddy's at Festival du Voyagur (Brent and Cam took Kayla and Cam) and I let Zach nap and cleaned the house. Tuesday I had to go into work for a meeting, then I went to Colleen's and we planned out Sparks for the day. Wednesday I kept the kids home for a bit because Zach needed to see the Dr about his diaper rash and I was hoping I could sneek him in in the morning. I ended up gathering all the clothing laying around my house and donating it to a Charity that just gives it away instead of making people pay for it (it's GREAT!). This place, the Centre Flavoi-something or other in St. B screens familys and then they give away anything that the family wants to take. There is no money involved. They really need housewares, lamps, furnature, pots and pans, sheets and towels. So, if you have used stuff that you don't want or are upgrading, consider giving it to these people. They are on Marion.

Point is, by the time I dropped off the kids and this stuff for Charity and went to Home Depot and bought my paint, then to Benjamin Moore and got the rest of the paint, it was time to get Zachy, take him to the Dr, get his prescription and go home. We had supper, and I talked to Danty for a while on the phone. Then watched some TV, and time for bed.

Thursday I had to take the van in. The front end has been wobbly for a few weeks. In addition to needing all the tires balanced and the front end re-aligned, apparently the whole left side front rack assembly thingy was loose. They replaced all of that (on warrenty, so that's good) and then we had the brakes replaced because it was that time. Colleen came over in the afternoon and we measured and cut the wall paper I want to put up in my bedroom, but I didn't get it on the walls. I did put up my vinyl lettering though, see the photos I posted of it. I also made some frames for the play room out of the old chair rail that I just removed from Zach's room. I just cut it up into pieces and I've velcro'd it to the wall to frame Danica's little paintings. They look cool (also see picture.)

Friday I got my hair cut, took the Doodle to Children's, picked up Zach, went to a social and went home. Saturday I played with the kids and went to the Sparks sleepover. Sunday I came home from the sleepover, napped, and then played with the kids, and watched some TV and went to bed.

So, busy week. I'm glad to be back at work to rest after my "vacation."

1 comment:

Ter said...

jeez every time I read about what you've been up to, I get exhausted.