Wow. Still moving at LightSpeed.
Sunday we signed the contracts to put our house up for sale.
Today we went to the bank and made arrangements for a pre-approval for a new mortgage.
Tomorrow the sign should appear on our front lawn! I'm feeling a little bad that we haven't warned our neighbours, but eh? What can you do. We never see them! Stupid cookie cutter neighbourhood where no one spends any time outside! Well, that's not entirely true. But we seem to see our neighbours more at the park than we do in our driveways.
Funny aside.. we live just outside the curve of a corner. On Friday night someone came screaming across the road in their car and into my one neighbour's yard, and hit their cookie-cutter-developer-said-we'd-all-get-a-tree-so-we-have-a-tree tree. It was smashed. It was leaning over at a 45 degree angle. The man is an electrical engineer, and works for Manitoba Hydro. His solution to the tree problem? DUCT TAPE. I'm so not kidding. In fact, I think I'll see if I can sneak outside and get a photo.
tree on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Ok, there's the photo. sorry for the link. and the bad photo. but I was in my PJs and didn't want to get all professional and such.
Anywho... the ad should go up sometime tonight or tomorrow morning. I hope it goes FAST!
In other news, the Bananas and Melons are kicking BUTT in the playoffs! So far we've beaten Sticks (on Sunday, like 6-2) and T&A (wiped the floor with them! it was 7-1!) Tonight I wish my team luck, I stayed home with the kids because 10:30 PM babysitting is impossible to find, we play the Gold Fish. We've been told we'll chew them up and spit em out watermelon seed style (do they even have those anymore? Watermelon seeds?) Next Tuesday we play my little brother's team, the Outlaws. They've beaten us twice, we've beaten them once, this will be for money or blood, I'm not sure which. But, our entire team (aside from 5 people!) have tickets to see Star Wars with Fricken Lazer Beams! So, we'll either all be late, or hopefully we'll be able to push the game back to 10:30 PM and all play. Then we should face Muffin Balls (I think our name is much classier in a play on genetalia than theirs) in the final. We have been killed by them this season (lost 17-2! Honestly! that's BAD!) but we've also managed to keep the score close and we're on a roll, so who knows!
So, hopefully hockey winds up, we see Star Wars, we choose from the 12 offers we'll get on the house and then we'll wake up and it won't have all been a dream!
Go Bananas!!!!
2 comments:
I like your new background, I see you're still linked to my old blog not my new one.
the duct tape tree may start a new trend! :)
Good luck on the house sale!
Post a Comment