Only 7 more sleeps!
I've been really behind on posting. Work is kicking my butt. When I get home I want nothing to do with the computer. In fact, I'm even grumpy at my husband for buying a PS3 (without actually telling me he was gonna do so, I might add...) and then I had to learn ANOTHER technological thing at home (as he removed the DVD player and we're now using our "well-it's-a-blu-ray-player-too-yes-I-used-this-as-an-excuse-to-buy-it" PS3 to play DVDs) to continue my StarGate addiction.
Which is, by the way, out of control. I started watching Stargate: Atlantis the Thursday before the August long weekend. I bought one season. I finished it (Art was out of town for the weekend) that weekend... then I slowly (over 3 weeks) bought the other four seasons... then Amanda lent me SG1, of which I'm currently on season 2. Yes, I've so run away from the whole world at home that I've managed to watch over 6 years worth of bad Sci-Fi in four weeks.
I'm sad...
And I've somehow also managed to teach VBS for a week, go to some meetings, attend family funtions, attend friend funtions, take the kids to the beach and swimming, and be horribly sick for a couple of weeks... that takes talent to fit a bad TV addiction into! go me! oh wait, that's not a plus...
Anyway, back to my seven more sleeps. I'm getting pretty excited. My Aunt has said for sure that we can stay with them. yay! Our passes for the Calgary Zoo have arrived. Yay! I don't think we've booked our hotel in Banff yet... gotta do that soon. I found a coupon for 50% off Calaway Park admission. Yay! We've found wave pools to go to in Calgary. yay! So, we're almost good to go.
I'm still looking for car ideas. I've Del.Ico.us'ed some things to keep the van organized, and bought some disposible bowls with lids for snacks for the kids. I need to get some throw away sippys (so I don't need to feel bad if they get gross, just toss em!) and then I'm good. I like the sippy idea a little better still because Zach isn't as good at using a straw in the car as I'd like, and I'd like the juice to be IN him not ON him. And water doesn't come in tetra packs. Yet. (There you go, someone! Invent tetra packed water! Plastic bottles aren't good enough for me!)
Well, I'll hopefully get my camera back from my parents soon and post some more photos of the stuff we did during our construction season. Because these last few weeks haven't been summer. Which makes the old saying true... in Winnipeg we have four seasons... Winter, Still Winter, Almost Winter and Construction.
2 comments:
I completely understand about work kicking your butt. Hang in there!
Have fun!! :)
Post a Comment