Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Do You Every Have Those Days

where you feel like you just can't manage everyone in your life?

My kids haven't even gotten into have activities yet. Doodle has had swimming lessons in the past, but not lately. Bitbit hasn't had anything yet, no play groups or anything, not yet.

And yet, I have no time for anyone, and everyone wants a piece of my time. I wish I had 8 more hours in a day where I could go to people. My best friend is having a horrid pregnancy right now, and many issues in her life. I haven't even had the time to go sit with her since she dropped a huge bombshell on me. What kind of friend is that?

I have a friend who has baby blues and wants a friend to talk to. Most of my friends are in pain right now for some reason or another, and I don't know where to turn to try and comfort them all!!!

I am so burnt out from everything that happened in May and June, and all I want to do is stay at home and spend time with me and my family. But I feel like a horrible person, not being there for people who need someone.

I have friends snapping at me for things that aren't my fault. I have friends that are mad because I don't spend any time with them (granted, the ones that are mad are the ones that need me to come on their unbendable schedule, which just doesn't mesh with my life.) And they are mad if I spend time with other people!

I just need some time for me. I need to feel like I'm not missing out on my kids lives. I need some time to relax and be me again. Is that too much to ask?

5 comments:

Ter said...

You're not a horrible person. If anything, you care too much. You've been one of the most supportive people in all my tragedies. Maybe I don't show my appreciation enough, and I will work on that. But I do appreciate you very much. I also hope you don't feel like you can't talk to me about your own problems just because you feel like your problems don't measure up to mine. I also know that when I'm having a very bad day I can get kind of selfish, and be me-me-me and I'm sorry about that. Sometimes you just have to shake me and snap me out of it. But please do not think you're a horrible friend, because you're not. And I bet not one person would disagree with me about that!

Kristina P. said...

I think that if you don't take care of yourself, you really can't take care of other people.

Controlling My Chaos said...

No. Actually, it sound like you need a vacation. At the very lease you need to lounge around the house in your jammies for a few days. That always recharges my batteries. Screen your calls and don't answer your door.

Like Kristina said, take care of YOURSELF first.

Plan B said...

You are a wonderful person Alli. You give a lot of your own time to others. Don't forget a lot of people notice that, even though there are people who always seem to want more and more. You are a gift to anyone who can call you a friend. It is not too much to ask for time for yourself, and those who love you should respect your need for that. You are a super-mom/daughter/wife/friend, and even superheros need a break!

Allison said...

Thanks guys. I guess when you are having a bad day you just need to hear certain things. There is a lot going on my family right now that leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Things that are best not discussed in a public forum. Every family has it's problems, but when there are kids involved, things get nasty. I won't post much about it but if affects me lots and obviously affects my whole family. I am happy to report that tubing is coming up and Art won't be in the hospital this year, so that's mini-vaca #1 and then our real vacation in September! Look out batteries, here comes your re-charge!