Monday, July 13, 2009

Canada Day


Canada Day was a Wednesday this year. Odd, we didn't have a long weekend for "july long" but that was OK!

It turned out to be a GREAT day, lots of sun and fun! We went to the Beach (Bird's Hill) and despite being quite cool when we got there around 1 PM it turned out to be great once it warmed up! The kids had a blast.




The best part is that shortly after this photo was taken of Charles playing with the little guy, we found out that in February, he will become a Daddy! Yay!!!!


I love the beach!



I don't like the beach so much....




I will find you buried treasure!



Look! I'm in the water!


Daddy and the kids

Mommy and the BitBit

Daddy pulling the Floaty Boo

Lots of people made it out, Charles and Maria, Colleen and Pat and Elliott, Amanda the burneded one (sunscreen is your friend girl!), Patti, Stacie and Mel even "visited" on their lunch hour! You ladies rock to drive out to the beach for "lunch". It's just too bad we were stuck in construction and only found you while you were leaving! boo! but it was nice to see you!

We had hockey ridiculously late (10:30 pm!) that night. I had a 3 hour nap before we had to go! I can't even remember now if we won or lost, but we did get to run to the parking lot afterwards and see the last 2 seconds of fireworks from the Forks. It was a fun day.

1 comment:

Kiy said...

Hi, I just *had* to pop over to say hello. I was over at Controlling My Chaos (love that gal!) and saw your comment. More importantly, your blog name. Ha! I thought I was the only one on the planet that loves that movie. Great great line.

So, since I was here anyway ... had to wander. The kids are too cute and I have now officially used all my morning computer time reading far too much about a family I don't even know! (Aren't blogs great for that?)

Cheers,

Kiy @ RC&T