This last week was insane. I'm hoping for a calmer week this week. Work was pretty crazy, I finished up a couple of big projects, so that was nice.
I didn't get much in the way of downtime, that must be why I'm not finished Breaking Dawn yet.
Monday night I had my monthly guider meeting. Tuesday night was Sparks. Wednesday night was fun, my sister and Jesse came over for dinner, then watched the kids while we played, check that, got crushed, at hockey. Thursday night I left work early to get stuff together for Cookie selling at the Mall, and Colleen and I manned the cookie booth for 2 hours. Friday night I stayed home but was supposed to go to a Guider Wine and Cheese event to celebrate 20 years of Guides in the Bishop Grandin Area. Or something like that. Saturday morning was Danica's Parent's Day at Dancing. We got to watch the Ballet they are doing. Saturday afternoon was cookie selling 12-4 at St. Vital Center.
Saturday night Kayla and Peyton came to sleep over. That went Ok especially because they didn't even come until bed time. So, they went straight to bed.
Sunday morning was a bit of a shmozzle. Art went running. Our two insane kids got up at 6 AM. I really don't like that. :-P Kayla and Peyton slept until just after 8 AM. Nice.
Zachy had a rough morning. He was playing with a pot lid in the kitchen and got it over his fingers, but was leaning on it from the top so he was crushing his fingers, but didn't know to let go of the lid to rescue himself. So, I rescued him. Then when the girls got out of the tub (they wanted to "swim".) he and Peyton followed the girls into Danica's room. that's when I heard a wet thud and Zach scream.
He had somehow hit Danica's bed with his face and put his lower right bottom tooth right through his lip. ug. there was blood everywhere. Art wasn't home. I paniced! I don't normally panic, but I just couldn't decide what to do. I first wanted to call 911, even though I KNEW it wasn't a 911-able call. Then I grabbed him and got some ice. He was choking a little on the blood in his mouth. I cleaned him up a bit and tried to put some ice on it, but he didn't want that. I called Jenn but she didn't answer. So I called Antonietta but she didn't answer. I called my brother and he gave me the number for Health links. By the time I got the number from Brent, Zach has stopped bleeding (face was too swollen to bleed) and gone back to playing with Peyton.
I called Health Links to make sure I didn't need to take him somewhere to get it cleaned or anything (I didn't) and then all was well. It should be mostly healed by tomorrow. Way to go Zach! First major face trauma at 16 months. Nice. You are your father's child.
1 comment:
:(
poor zach
Post a Comment