Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I'm back!!!!... at work.

Well, it's not as bad as it could be. Working is kinda fun. I'm still a little lost, but it's crazy helpful to have Jen sitting beside me, to retrain me to do what I trained her to do. ha!

I'm still trying to get the hang of many things, like working on and finishing one task at a time. I forgot how CRAZY it is here, in this job, and how you get bombarded from all sides, phone, email and walk in requests. That, and we've added so many new resources in the last year that I don't even know all the material anymore! That's the down side to going away for a year. The up side is that I have the world's most adorable baby boy at home, so it was worth forgetting all that I previously knew at work.

I find that I have forgotten more this time around, but remember many more specific things. Last time I couldn't even remember how to get to many things inside my linking server, this time, its like I never left, but only with the linking server. odd.

But, it's nice to see all the familiar work faces, and have people be glad I am back. it's nice to know that even my vendors have not forgotten me, and are very welcoming and helpful when I email them dumb questions. I love it!!!

Well, four minutes left of lunch, lets see if I can get my other post(s) up.

1 comment:

Ter said...

yeah I guess I have to go back to work soon too. But hopefully at a new job. But that won't happen unless I start looking for one... and I haven't yet. I really hate looking for jobs.